FENTON CHARTER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Notice of Public Hearing
The Fenton Charter Public Schools will conduct a Public Hearing on Thursday, September 17, 2020, remotely via Zoom meeting:
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/528616088
Meeting ID: 528 616 088
The purpose of the hearing is to present information in support of the approval of Board Resolution #43, which attests to the sufficiency of textbooks and instructional materials at the Fenton schools as required by Education Code Section 60119. The yearly review and approval of such a resolution is required by all California public school governing boards.
- A Google survey “sign-up” will be open to members of the public 30 minutes prior to the public meeting. This survey will take the place of the “speaker cards” available at meetings. https://bit.ly/2wDdxrM
- Speakers will fill in their names and select if they wish to address the board regarding a specific agenda item or a non-agenda item.
- Speakers are asked to attend the board meeting virtually through the Zoom invitation link presented here.
- When it is time for the speaker to address the board, his/her name will be called by the Board Chair and the requesting speaker’s microphone will be activated.
- Speakers should rename their Zoom profile with their real name to expedite this process.
- After the comment has been given, the microphone for the speaker’s Zoom profile will be muted.
The Public Hearing will be conducted in English. Persons interested in attending the hearing who have special communication or accommodation needs, or need an interpreter, are encouraged to contact either Mr. Tony Peña, Family Center Director, at (818) 896-7482, extension 1383 or Ms. Johana Juarez, Parent Center Director, at (323) 469-0971. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate these needs. If you have general questions or concerns regarding the Public Hearing, you may contact Mrs. Irene Sumida, Executive Director of the Fenton Charter Public Schools, at (818) 962-3630, extension 5113.